5 Ways To Thrive During Marketing’s Seismic Shift To Mobile
During SXSW, major brands convened to discuss how to move forward with mobile. Urban Airship’s Scott Kveton outlines the key trends and strategies that emerged and provides examples of brands adding value via mobile.
What is increasingly clear is that mobile will confound the cookie-cutter campaign creator, bother the bulk emailer, and annoy broad-audience advertisers. Brands that rely on traditional, one-way mass media must completely re-engineer their approach for mobile, because when customers perceive marketing as an interruption, they take immediate action to tune you out.
- Find your value in your customers’ lives.
- Engage each customer in the key moments of their day.
- Deliver value based on location.
- Allow customers to personalize their experience to gain relevance.
- Don’t sell to your customers: entertain, engage, and delight them.